Saturday, March 7, 2009

Planting Time

We planted our garden on Friday! And by "we" I mean Kamryn and I. While Doug was getting ready for work (and that includes the nap beforehand), Kamryn and I got the few items we needed and planted a garden. This is the third time we've planted, but I think this is the earliest. I would have done it earlier, but the weather kept being weird. I can only hope that it stays warm now. Kamryn liked to help dig the holes and put the seeds in, but I think her favorite part was watering everything after we were done. We kind of stuck to the basics this time...tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini squash, beans, peas and eggplant. I'm also trying corn again to see what happens. The tomatoes are the only actual plants we planted. Everything else is starting from seeds. Now, we just have to make sure we water the garden and then wait. I can only hope we'll have success! Once we have some growth, I'll take a picture.

1 comment:

The Hales said...

I am jealous. It was getting warm here and I was getting excited for Spring and now....bad weather. We woke up to about 12 inches of snow and it kept coming all day long. I shoveled 3 times and there was a tone of snow. Oh, how I miss Florida right now. I hope your garden grows big and you have lots of veggies come out of it.