Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lizards!

As many of you know, there are lizards all over the place here in FL. Well, the other day, I saw one in my car. Soccer season has started again and it must have been on a chair I put in my car to take to the field last week. I tried to get him out, but to no avail as he darted into the space below the seats. Anyway, I figured I would find him sometime (dead) and then promptly forgot he was there. Well, driving home from church on Sunday the girls go, "Mom, there's a lizard in the car." I say I know but how do they know. They then tell me he is on Kamryn's door by the window. I take a quick glance over my shoulder (I'm driving after all) and sure enough, there is a lizard. Not sure what I should do, I keep driving. We talk about what we should do. So, I end up pulling over onto the side of the road and roll the van window down. Well, since we're in the van, the back windows don't go down all the way so it doesn't help at all and the lizard stays perfectly still. So, I continue to drive home. Then the girls start saying that he's moving. Moving where? Closer to the front of the car. I just keep reminding myself that it's only a lizard and that it can't hurt me, the whole time hoping it doesn't jump on Kamryn, or me. I contemplated pulling over again and opening the door this time, but decide to wait. So, our plan is that when we get home, Kamryn will go out Riley' side of the car and I'll open the door and the lizard will go out. Well. it all works except the lizard. It doesn't seem to want to go anywhere. Luckily, my neighbor was out and he helped "catch/chase" off the door and out of my car. It was really funny. I'm just glad that he got out before he croaked in there and I hope he was the one I had seen a few days before. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Lugo's said...

I'm glad it wasn't with us while Nashua was driving. She is deadly afraid of lizards. I can see it know: "Family crashes due to lizard in car!" I'm glad your neighbor was there to help.