Saturday, February 7, 2009

Long Night & Messed Up Weekend

We have been planning this weekend for a little while. Doug's sister was coming to FL with her girls and his brother was coming in from MO. We had planned on an afternoon together in Ocala at his other brother's house. It would be the first time all the family was together since before Kamryn was born (I'd guess 6 years or so). Well, everything got messed up and we had a long night here at the house. Since the cousins from Chicago don't get down here very often, we had planned to have the oldest over for a sleepover (she is a year younger than Riley). Well, everything started off great - the girls played, we had dinner, they took showers, we got ready for bed. Now, we had known that our youngest niece had been sick the night before they were to head to FL but had shown no more signs of anything so we thought it would be ok. Well, it wasn't. Riley woke me up at 1:20 or so telling me that her cousin felt sick so I went to check. She had actually gotten sick all over the bed while she was sleeping. I took all the sheets off and put them in the laundry, then I got Riley and Peyton situated. I put Peyton on the couch and I decided to sleep in the recliner next to her just in case. It was a good thing I did as she got sick again at 3:00, 4:00, and 6:20. She seemed better when she woke up, but Doug was still taking her back to her mom who was staying at a hotel in the Villages (turned out little sister had gotten sick again over night as well). Desta decided it best if they go ahead and head back to Chicago today rather than wait until tomorrow. I know Peyton got sick in Doug's car on the way to the Villages, but I don't know what happened after that. I can only hope they all make it back to Chicago and get over this thing quick. But, since the girls and I had been exposed, we opted to not go see any family today since we don't know what will happen with the girls. We're hopeful that we'll get lucky (there have been some prayers) since we have lots of fun family things coming up - Kamryn's bday, a bday party, Disney cruise, etc. I guess all there is left to do is wait and see. We'll just have to make sure we plan another family gathering and not wait so long to make it happen (we have a high school graduation in 2 years if we can't make it happen before). Then, we'll hope everyone stays healthy! At least this house should rest good tonight.

No comments: