Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cruisin' Surprise!

My grandfather generously gave us money for a vacation this year. As I think I've mentioned before, we took a family vote and flipped a coin to decide - Disney Cruise. Well, the kids knew we were going on the cruise, but we had never told them the date we'd be leaving (Feb. 15th). So, during the week, I started setting aside clothes and making lists in my head. I somehow had to pack on the sly for all four of us. I was able to somehow get the kids packed and their suitcases ready to go without them being aware. I though for sure Riley would realize she was missing outfits and come ask me where they were, but she didn't. Then, I also had to get the cake made and get everything ready for the party (that didn't happen). So, I spent Saturday doing a lot of laundry and stuff and was able to get Doug and I packed as well (I ended up forgetting a few things, but nothing of serious consequence). That night, I got most of the bags packed in the car. I only had to pack those last few things after church on Sunday and even got those bags into the car undetected. We told the girls we were going to see grandma for lunch. Well, they realized it was taking longer to get there than normal and that we weren't going the right way. Doug was quick and told them we were going to meet her at a dinosaur museum that we thought they would like - he even pretended to talk to her on the phone updating her on where we were. It was so funny.

When we knew we were close and they'd be able to see the boat (you top this bridge and can't miss it) we told them to start looking for the dinosaur. This was their reaction as they saw the boat and figured out what we were really doing...

Looking out the window and seeing the boat and saying "I don't see a dinosaur, I see a boat...the Disney boat"

The screams that erupted when they realized WE were getting on that boat and going on the Disney Cruise!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

How Cool! Sounds like you had a great time! Hope Kamryn was feeling better and was able to enjoy the cruise! The birthday cake looked really good too!