Monday, January 19, 2009

Long Weekend

Riley has had a long weekend off of school. Today is a holiday and they are both out, but Friday Riley was off due to it being the end of the nine weeks and semester. Knowing we would have time on our hands, I tried to plan something, but it didn't work out (too much money). But, since the kids didn't know anything about that anyway, we still had fun. Riley was my helper as we drove to Palatka (2 hours away) to pick up some dance props. She. of course, wanted to play with friends and she was able to do so. We had a sleepover with a set of twins in her class. Riley had all these ideas - dance, make overs, dress up, dolls, etc. She's played with these girls before at their house so I'm not sure why she thought this would work. the twins are NOT girly girls. They are into dragons and dinosaurs so the dancing, dolls and make up were out. Well, they found a way to use the make up, just not on themselves. Doug was actually home that night from work (a request from Riley) and the girls had fun "giving hi an eye and face massage". He is such a good sport! The girls actually made up stories and put on a play, but they never showed us. Oh well! Considering it was a house full of girls, they all behaved quite well and actually got some sleep!

I did do some make-up stuff with Riley and Kamryn, but on a different day. In order to get ready for competition, I wanted to try and put make-up on Riley. Last year, she was just in Thriller and only needed to look like a zombie type person. This year, she is in a piece that actually requires real make-up (down to the eyeliner and false eyelashes). Now, I've never worn eyelashes so I was a little hesitant. Fortunately, I had asked around last year before I bought mine so I looked for some that might fit and that would have a thing to hold the eyelash better while I put on the adhesive. It worked. I'm glad I tried everything though because now I won't be as nervous and will do things even better. I did learn that liquid eyeliner doesn't work on Riley (or Kamryn for that matter) because they smudge it somehow onto their eyelid. Anyway, I ended up making up both girls (no eyelashes for Kamryn) and then they put on a show for me. It was quite funny. I did get a picture so I'll have to get it in the computer so I can post it.

No comments: