Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mommy Daughter fun

Kamryn was out of school last Thursday and Friday so we had some fun together. Thursday, after Riley went to school, Kamryn and I went to Disney. She wore a pirate shirt and insisted that I wear mine. I couldn't resist her cut way of asking, so I obliged and donned my pirate shirt. We went to the Magic Kingdom and had a blast. We were only there a little while (maybe two hours) but we saw SO much. We rode the people mover, Buzz Lightyear, the race cars, the carousel, Pooh, small world, and the magic carpets.
We even found Donald Duck out and about. The biggest moment came right before we were to leave to go meet friends, Kamryn said she wanted to go on Splash Mountain. While I enjoy the ride, I usually don't ride it because I don't like to get wet and then walk around the park. Anyway, I couldn't get her to change her mind and I wasn't sure she was tall enough (I knew it would be close but she was wearing flip flops). So, off we went to the attraction. they measured her out front and she just made it so we got in line. The line was moving fast (10 minutes to get all the way in) and we were 1 or 2 logs away from getting on - then the ride broke. Well, it was taking longer to fix so we had to leave to meet our friends. I had to promise to bring her back to this ride the next time we're in the park. I still can't believe she wanted to ride it, but she was pretty insistent. If she does ride Splash the next time we're at the park, I'll have to buy her a shirt or something (a picture won't work because I know you won't be able to see her). What a big girl she's becoming!! We got a yummy rice krispie treat to share on our way out of the park.

No comments: