Sunday, October 18, 2009

The tooth is OUT

Riley has had a tooth loose for at least 6 months. It was so loose I had tried to pull it several times but Riley never REALLY gave me a chance. The tooth had moved over to the right so far it looked like she was missing a tooth anyway. But no, it was still there. Riley had to eat on the side of her mouth and everything, but she still wouldn't let me pull it. We tried holding her down (Doug holding her arms and legs) and pulling it, but she still wouldn't open her mouth. We saw the dentist for her annual check-up on October 8th and the tooth was still hanging there...and I mean hanging. It had moved in front of her other tooth a little and was a little sideways. She looked like a snaggle tooth. Well, I thought the dentist would pull it, but they were too busy. So, they gave me some gel to help numb the area and hopefully put her at ease so I could pull it. finally on Friday the 9th I got my chance. I convinced her that I needed to try so she let me put the gel on there. I almost popped it out putting the gel on, but not quite. Once it was numb she was still freaking out a little and wouldn't let me get a good grip on the tooth. She finally agreed to let me "wiggle" it. I went in to wiggle and got a good enough grip that it popped out. She didn't even know I had it out until I told her. She was SO happy and said it didn't even hurt at all and that it wasn't even a big deal. Hopefully the next tooth won't be such a problem and won't be in her mouth as long when it's clear it needs to come out. It shouldn't be too long until we get to try that out as all 3 of her other top front teeth are loose.

1 comment:

Brittany Woolley said...

Hey Lori! I just stumbled on your blog! It's so cute! I added you to my blog list! I hope you guys are doing great!! :)