Sunday, October 18, 2009

Computer and Camera Hiccups

Since the end of July, both our computer and our camera have had hiccups. Our computer had something weird happen and windows disappeared. Consequently, it wouldn't boot up or anything. We called our trusty friend who always helps us with these problems and he thought it would be easy to fix. Turned out it wasn't. He said he could see all our files there but couldn't get them to come up so he took our computer to the shop. This was right about the time I was going away for my girls trip. When the computer returned (while I was gone) it worked great BUT all our files were lost. That meant all our pictures were lost. This had happened before so you think I would learned to back things up and I had started, but I was barely into the file. Oh well. Live and learn (again). Luckily, because of this blog, I was able to recover some pics so all is not lost.

Shortly after that, my lens on my computer topped working. I couldn't get it to move to zoom in or out. I asked a friend and found a shop to take it to for repair. The shop thought it would be a simple and not too expensive fix and only take about 2 days, but they were wrong. Once they actually had a chance to really look at the lens, they realized it was more serious and would be more costly to repair and would take 5 weeks minimum. It is still currently sitting there as I try and figure out what to do. Luckily, I have a friend whose camera I was able to borrow for some pics I wanted to take. I have also figured out that my regular Nikon lens will work on my digital camera, just not as well as my real digital lens. I will figure out what to do soon.

No comments: