Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kamryn and her party

Kamryn is so funny. One day earlier thia month while we were at dance, we were watching the older girls. The group is actually in middle school and several of them have babysat for us before. Kamryn thinks they are the coolest people ever! Fortunately, they are all very nice and always say hi to her, pick her up, etc. So, while we were watching them work on their tap number for Christmas, Kamryn came up with an idea. She wanted to have a party and invite some of them (the ones she knows the best) to her house for pizza, popcorn, hot cocoa and a Christmas movie. She talked about it for several days so I said OK. We picked a date when they weren't dancing and made invitations. Then, she handed them out. I have no idea what the girls were thinking, but Kamryn was excited. When the night actually arrived, only 2 of the 6 could actually make it. Kamryn could not wait for them to get to the house. We had pizza, played games, watched a movie, and had hot chocolate. They even made up a little show to put on for me. I'm not sure that Riley had that much fun, but Kamryn had a blast! I'm just thankful that these girls (the ones who made it and the ones who didn't) are always nice to both Kamryn and Riley. It really is nice to see them say hi and talk to them and it's really good when Riley and Kamryn get to watch them dance. I took a video of their show, but unfortunately I accidentally deleted it before I could get it downloaded. Oh well.

No comments: