Sunday, December 21, 2008

Crazy!!

Crazy! that is what I must have been to decide to go to Disney on Saturday. When we were there with the family on Tuesday it was busy, but not too bad. We had a really enjoyable day. While we were there I noticed that they would be doing all of their Christmas shows and the parade on Saturday. The park usually only does these during the special party at night - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Since my mom was going to be here, I thought she and the kids would enjoy it. These shows might be done everyday now that Christmas is almost here, but this was the only day I had a schedule for and knew for sure that they would be done. So, off we went. I warned the girls ahead of time that the park would be crowded and that we weren't there to ride rides, just see the shows. Boy, am I glad I did that. The Magic Kingdom was so crowded!! There were a lot of regular guests, but also a ton of cast members coming to use their holiday ticket. For instance, Buzz Lightyear had a 100 minute wait for standby guests and the people using fast pass were actually queuing in a line! It made me extra glad that we went on a weekday. We went and saw Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas.

The show was fun and the girls enjoyed it. Then, we went to Belle's Christmas story time while my mom went and found a spot for the parade. Both girls got picked to be in the story and they loved it! then, we went and found Mimi and got in our spots for the Christmas parade. The last time I had seen this was when I was pregnant with Kamryn. It was fun to watch, especially since it has changed a little since the last time I saw it. Luckily, we only came to do those things so we were good. It's only going to get crazier as the holiday approaches. My mom mentioned that based on the people there and the money they were spending, you would never know the country is in a recession. I know Doug is glad that he works at the "happiest place on earth" and that people really like his restaurant!

No comments: