Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

Yes, I am one of those crazy people that get up really early on that Friday to try and get a deal. I used to think my friends who did that were crazy! Of course, that was back before I had kids and I was usually working on Thanksgiving and/or Friday. So, shopping was not at the top of the list of activities. As time went on, I did see the value in getting up early and shopping. I actually managed a few years to get up, shop and still make it to work on time. Granted, that made for a long day, but it was worth it. The past few years I've been in NC visiting family and have been able to get out, do all my shopping, and be back right about the time my mom and girls were heading for breakfast. This year, my mom came here and I recruited her to go out early. We were actually done with everything we went to get by 6:20am but decided to go walk around some at other stores since Doug had the girls. Of course, we didn't know that the girls woke up at 5:20am that morning and although Doug tried to convince them to go back to sleep, I don't think he was successful. They were all awake by 6:30am. I'm grateful who has a husband who thinks I'm nuts for shopping so early, but who will get up with the kids and take care of them even though he worked the day before (his restaurant opened early so it was like a 10 hour shift). Because he is so wonderful, we are almost completely done with our shopping! Yeah!!

No comments: