Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fort Wilderness

As Young Woman President at church (for those not of our faith, I work with the girls ages 12-18) I try and find fun things to do with the girls. We use a system where they can 'earn' beads for bringing their scriptures, giving talks, being prepared, etc. When our jar is full, we then try and plan an activity that they want to do. So far we have only gotten two in, but have another coming up very soon. They usually earn them about once a quarter. The first time we went to a corn maze. This time we went to Fort Wilderness to the campfire sing-a-long and movie. We roasted marshmallows and made smores, sang a few songs, and then watched Wall-E. It was a fun relaxing night!

Shea and Ana on the bus ride from the parking lot
Citra and Isabel enjoying the ride
Citra and Ana roasting marshmallows - Ana had never had smores before so it was quite the experience for her

Shea getting her marshmallows just right
Our wonderful YW after a fun night!!
Citra's mom, LeShan, one of my counselors was there too. Plus, due to needing babysitters a lot that week/weekend, my girls came too. They thought they were special because they got to be with the "big girls." I have no idea what the next event will be, but I know we will have fun because these girls are awesome!! I only hope next time more of them can join us!!