Sunday, August 10, 2008

Family fun

My mom came down and the girls enjoyed showing Mimi all the things they can do in the pool. She also got to watch their dance recital on DVD since she wasn't able to attend. They really like showing off for her. Riley started cheerleading and will soon start school and dance. Kamryn likes to think she is a cheerleader and she too starts school and dance soon, plus she'll be playing soccer.

Then, we took a quick trip to the beach. We went to Siesta Key and stayed in Grandpa Richard's condo for about 4 days. Doug was able to make it down for a little bit. We went to the beach where the girls buried dad in the sand, played in the gulf, and built sand castles. We also enjoyed the pool at the condo, eating at our favorite restaurant there, and riding their bikes to get ice cream. Even after Doug left, we still enjoyed the beach and the pool. We got lucky in that it usually rained in the evening when were all done with our outside activities. The day we were leaving was pretty much a bust as we had thunderstorms all morning and I loaded the car in between the storms.

I have another cool story from our trip, but I'll blog about that tomorrow. The Olympics are on and it sounds like something I might want to watch! Plus, I have to down load the pictures I took so I can add some too!

No comments: