Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day dawned and I waited in bed. It has become a ritual that the girls help Doug make breakfast and they bring it to me in bed. SO, even though I'm awake and ready to get up, I just sit or lay there until they come and bring me my treat. That is also when I get my cards and stuff. The girls really enjoy this and think it's fun. Because it was Mother's Day, Doug didn't have any meetings before church and didn't have to stay after either, so we all drove together as a family. It was wonderful and strange at the same time. After church, we came home and relaxed for a bit. We had invited some friends (the Lugo's) over for dinner and Doug did all of the cooking - steaks, twice baked potatoes and green beans from our garden. That really made it a nice and relaxing day for me. Of course, on the night's he is off from work, he usually does the cooking too and gets the girls ready for bed. I count myself lucky to have such a wonderful husband! The girls had each made something for me at school and hid it form me until that day. I'm very proud of both of them and the wonderful young ladies they are becoming! I really love being their mom!

No comments: